Friday, March 12, 2010

Starting a Spring Garden

Well, next week is Spring Break for my kiddo and we are expecting beautiful warm weather so we will finally be starting a garden on our patio. I want to get the kids involved -- I think that it will be very valuable for them to see the work that goes into growing their food and I am hoping that they may be more willing to eat green things if they have an investment in them.

I found a great website http://startergardens.com that is dedicated to container gardening for beginner gardens. I'm very excited to get started. Do you have any great advice for a beginner? What vegetables would you recommend to get kiddos involved in?

I'll keep you posted. Maybe I'll have some pics to share.
:-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pumpkins are fun for kids, but you have to watch or they'll get away from you! (and they take over a garden quite handily)
Sunflowers are another easy grower.

Tracie said...

I needed that link! We tried container gardening last year and it was a disaster. Maybe we'll try again this year. *sigh*